Monday, January 3, 2011

A dash of Spring Cleaning

What better way to start off the new year than cleaning out my room and ridding my cave of nasty smells and bad auras! I'm only going to make one new years resolution. Be NEATER. Honestly, my room was a nasty, dank hole. Organization is key to success or at least that's what I hear!  I took my time to fold my clothes and place them neatly in their drawers, organized my jeans by color, sorted out the old clothes from the new, and discarded expired makeup.
I should work for American Eagle
Oh, and also a 30 second spritz of fabreeze. Nbd.

Credit goes to the brown cow and the gator <3
But what I did discover was the paper I use to keep tracks of the books I had read. I record every single book I read on one consolidated list, and compare the number of pages by the end of the year. In 2008=10,720 pages, 2009=8,916 pages, 2010=7,988 pages. It's been a sad, spiral downwards. Maybe I'll make that another resolution. Read more. Yeahh....I'll let you know how that one goes. But it is a depressing, explicit figure. I never want to say, "I didn't have the time to read that much," because it's obviously not true. But there are just so many choices out there and its so hard to nail down the book I want to read. Any suggestions? I'm open to anything, and I want to use my nook! Yes...I'm one of those people now. You can judge me all you want. I used to judge. What am I saying? I still judge. But I used to think, "Why would you ever want to read a book off a gasp...electronic device?" Think of the snobby Ted from  that one episode of How I Met Your Mother. "It's pronounced Encyclopaaydia, not encyclopedia. You see that squished up a and e..."  But my superficiality and materialism overpowered my non-conformist within. It's just so pretty..and shiny....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog