Monday, December 27, 2010

Ringing in the New Year

2011 has been a year that I have been looking forward to for a long time. 2011, the year I graduate, and the year I enter the long awaited college experience. It's unbelievable that everything can happen so fast and so slow at the same time. I still remember questioning the "11" in front of my computer login at school six years ago, but everyday has also felt like a miserable, dreaded ordeal. I don't want to be all nostalgic and pretend that  high school has been some of the best days of my life, because honestly I don't think it was anything special. Bitchy girls, new friendships, and AP classes really showcase what high school is all about. I just don't want to be one of those women who reflect on high school as the experience that defined them, and I don't see how I would be. I know I'm meant to do something great--but I have no idea what that is right now. Maybe 2011 will also be the year I find out.

This winter break has surprisingly been carefree. All I have been doing is watching TV, eating, sleeping, reading, and hanging out with friends. Today I made "cake balls?" I don't know what they're called. I'm going to unofficially name them cake truffles because they look like a chocolate truffle with cake inside. Yummy! It actually doesn't look that great, but just imagine for yourself. Red velvet cake, cream cheese/icing, all coated in milk chocolate.  I blame my sister for shaping them too big!
But it's been a nice break so far. I only have one college application left and then I am done! Christmas was great for everyone, and I hope everyone has a great New Years Eve! Every year, my family throws a large bash so that's where I will be this year. Nothing too on the edge.

Enjoy the last few days of 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog