Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bipolar? Me? Nooo....right?

So after that depressing post, I decided to switch it up with a new layout design! Pretty festive huh? Christmas is only four days away, and what better time to embrace the holidays than now.

Christmas really does have to be my favorite holiday. It's not even the presents, its the quality time spent with family. Conversations aren't concentrated on work related business, but rather more lighthearted conversation. I spend hours late into the night watching TV shows with my sister who is normally away at college, which has become a tradition. And every year, my family hosts a large gathering for New Year's Eve, and this year will be no different. And ok, I said presents aren't the primary reason for holiday season joy, but its still exciting!

This was my first year with my very own "card." It's not as dreaded as a maxed out credit card, but it still was a very special debit card.. It is so frustrating because when I spend money from that card, it doesn't even feel real! The money comes straight out of my bank account into oblivion. But I never remember how much is in their, so it all feels endless. Come January, I am going to realize all the dough I made this summer is gone. Yikes!

On a semi-happier note, I finally worked at my ice-cream store! 7 hours well spent wiping down sticky tables and restocking fruit toppings. It wasn't my ideal Saturday, but I would still take it over any other hard labor job. Honestly, all I had to do was accept cash and give change, which I must admit, I did struggle with. Hey! Those impatient kids kept glaring at me! I was in a rush ok....and ice-cream melts...and...and... I'm running out of excuses.

Merry Xmas, and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog