Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 1: The End

Cue this song. Or this one. Whichever one you makes you sadder.

Graduation day finally arrived to as much pomp and circumstance as expected. We were all incredibly grumpy from the all nighter we just pulled, but still sentimental all the same. So instead of falling back into our respective beds, we decided to start our morning (or rather end our night) with a trip to our favorite IHOP.

I was actually fortunate enough to get 2 hours of sleep before grabbing lunch with the fambam! So hopefully I look somewhat refreshed? Or you can at least lie and say I look refreshed! 
It was finally showtime! 4 years later, we were finally called across the stage. Too bad it was 90 degrees that day, because it made me even more haggard. 


Plenty of selfies were taken this day. No shame. In fact, I wish I had a selfie stick. But we all have to act "adult" as soon as we get this fake diploma right? RIGHT???

After all, I am holding a quarter of a million dollars in this single sheet of paper.

 When I say it like that, I think the face in that first selfie above sums it all...
But honestly, what can I say? I've graduated, and now I've finally completed my goal for 50 posts (ok I admit I cheated in the end). It's a strange feeling to say that I'm a college graduate. When people ask, I can no longer default to the same, "I'm a student" response that I've been using for 16 years. I can no longer pretend to be dumb or oblivious, but rather educated and accountable. Eeek, I don't even want to imagine what will happen once work starts. There will be no excuses to hide behind.I have about 2 whole months left. 1 month in Europe, and 1 month at home. Am I ready to take on the real world? Definitely not. But when I think of college, I don't think of how it prepared me (or not...). I think about all the people I connected with, and all the lifelong relationships I made. So if you're reading this, you have had an impact on my life one way or another. Thank you. Thank you for sticking it out with me, whether that be hearing my rants in real life, or reading my rambles online. Now it's time to follow me to San Francisco for my next adventure, so I hope to see you all very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog