Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things

A new friend recently mentioned my Chicago blog posts...or rather the lack of Chicago blog posts. However, the time is passing by so quickly that I can't seem to keep up with capturing all these moments on paper (or web/you know what I mean).  It's already July 27, 6 weeks have passed, and I only have 2 weeks left.

Here have been the things that I have loved about my time so far. In no particular order...

1) The skyline. In my opinion it is one of the most stunningly unique skylines of all major cities. There's the Willis tower, the Trump Tower, and oh yeah...a building known as the Vagina building. It never ceases to take my breath away, and I love that I live right at the edge.



2) The people are pretty decent too. Sorry, that might have been an understatement. People in the midwest are fantastic, and I don't know how to go back to East Coast culture.


3) Millenium and Grant Park are right in my backyard. I don't think it can get any better location wise. Lollapalooza and the Taste of Chicago are two events held there annually.

4) If you want to learn more about the family outing in the city, read this.


5) Crack popcorn. The Chicago Mix, composed of cheesy messy popcorn mixed with caramel popcorn has been a staple to my diet here (also responsible for my expanding waistline). Both Garrett's Popcorn and the Chicago Kernel satisfy my cravings.  


6) Have I mentioned the skyline yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog