Wednesday, May 22, 2013

White Garlic Chicken Pizza

Wait, I know you're scratching your head. How is it possible that this blog is updated not once, but TWICE in one week? Well congratulations my three readers, this is what you get when your blog mistress is home for the summer. This past week has entailed of occasional meanderings out into the sun, but when I get enough of the humidity and cancerous UV rays I always shrink back into my dark corner. You know what though? It hasn't been too bad. My physics class begins next week, so I am going to enjoy this freedom while it still lasts. In the meantime, I present to you, White Garlic Chicken Pizza! 

It wasn't my best, and I've never been the biggest fan of White Pizza, but this one caught my eye. I'm still a fan of traditional pizza, but if you are feeling adventurous, then I would give this one a go. Now my all time favorite "unique" pizza has caramelized onions and sweet sausage, but that will be for another day. 

Ingredients 
1 package premade pizza dough
cooked, shredded chicken breast
caramelized onions
fresh oregano
1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
3/4 cup 2% milk
minced garlic
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons of flour
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the minced garlic
3. Slowly add in the flour to create a roux, then add salt and pepper
4. Gradually stir in milk, stirring constantly
5. Slowly mix in the cheese, until the sauce thickens
6. Shape your premade pizza dough onto baking tray
7. Assemble your pizza with toppings
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog