Monday, September 12, 2011

A strange new world

Welcome all these new readers! I don't know who you are, or how you found my lovely little blog, but please do come and make yourself comfortable. Leave comments if you have questions about anything you would like me to answer and I'd be happy to oblige :)

So here's the post I could never quite imagine myself writing. The college life. Well surprisingly (or not?), college has been everything the  movies have portrayed it to be. I've already found my "group," scoped out the professor and teaching assistants, and all the other whatnots of a college lifestyle. I know which times are best to eat at the (only!) dining hall to avoid the peak rush, where the best rooms to study in, and the shortest distant to class. And boy, I have loved every minute of college. I actually expected to miss home, my friends, and my parents, but I have just been way too busy to even think about being homesick. I barely had time to check my blogs, let along write a post. It's 2 am and I have class tomorrow...the things I sacrifice for y'all <--I've been saying y'all recently... ;).

Homework. More like reading; it has flooded my brain with ideologies of Plato, Socrates, Pierre Nora, and all other sorts of "notable" figures. I want to claw my eyes out every time I think about the foreboding 200 page assignment in The Republic due soon. So I'm just not going to think about it.

What about the social aspect you ask? I actually haven't been to any...you know...parties just yet. The great friends I have made just have fun on our own, with or without alcohol. And honestly, I like things just the way they are. I'm not writing anything off, but things don't look like they're about to change. Speaking of epic nights, living without my parents have changed everything. I've wandered through the streets of DC at 12:00 am, I've stayed up all night and early morning talking with special people (5:30 am? That's my first all nighter), and I'm never winding down. Sure, it's a bit exhausting, but you can only live once. C'est la vie!

White House @ 12:00 AM

One day I'm going to post the negative aspects of my school, and I'll rant about everything like this rambler used to do, but so far I'm happy just the way I am.

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing photo! I wonder who took it lady jiajia?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog