Monday, July 4, 2011

Leaving the nest

For the first time ever, I think I am ready to leave the nest. With a slow, but steady trickle forms, preparations, and shopping done, I can finally feel the excitement building for college in approx 1 month, 23 days, and 12 hours. 

But the more I talk about it, the less my parents shrink away. Perhaps they are distraught at the fact that for the first time in 22 years, they will have an empty nest. It's sad to think about the love and energy they plugged into my sister and me, but the time now is for excitement--not depression. Lately, all I want to do is get out of the house, away from their moping and frustrating tendencies. But next fall, I will have all the time in the world to be away from them, so maybe the time now should be well spent at home. 


Happy July 4th all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog