Monday, December 12, 2011

Just a little break

I know, I know. I said I wouldn't come back until finals were over and that I would be sitting at home next to Charlie. But it's Monday, and I have less than a week until this semester is gone for good. At the moment I'm locked in my room, and keeling over from being stuffed with too much junk food. Which brings me to the my current topic.

FRESHMEN FUCKING FIFTEEN. Alright, let's be real. There is no way that the average freshman gains 15 pounds a year, but I would say 6 to 8 pounds isn't unusual. As for me? I will be the first to testify that I am the perfect example of this.

I think one of the biggest reasons for this unwelcome pudge around your waistline is the abundance of food. At Georgetown, we have a buffet system that we can swipe into 14 times a week. Leo's, the name of our dining hall, has various stations of different food--which I would say is basically the same every night. Even though it's not 5-star dining, it's manageable...which is the problem. It's sad, but I still go for the unhealthy crap and the sugary desserts. It's what I crave! I gotsta start training my brain to get more self control the next time I reach for those coco puffs.

Another big factor is the snacking. High schoolers, beware! In my dorm, I have so much snacking food all within easy reach. Imagine walking four steps to your fridge! It's hard to control myself from snacking on hummus or fruit loops at 4 am, which definitely adds on...

So my advice? LEARN TO MASTER SELF CONTROL BEFORE YOU GO TO COLLEGE. It will help you both in academics and your pant size!

Me sad, but me develop muffin top :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog